*** JuiceDefender BETA: important announcements
Wanna make JuiceDefender better? Join the beta group to be always up to date with the latest (and usually the greatest) experimental builds; the beta group feedback is the centerpiece of the development process – you will be shaping the app you love! We’re always looking for committed testers and inspiring ideas :)
You can help with testing work-in-progress features, improving support for your device, or joining the discussion about new features and improvements.
If you wish to participate in the beta group, you should:
- subscribe to *this* thread (vote it) to get important announcements about new builds, ongoing development, and feedback requests
- subscribe to the changelog thread (vote it) to be notified when a new build is available: http://juicedefender.com/changelog
- when a new build is available, download and install it from here: http://latedroid.com/latestdev - then use it for a while and report back on any issues you find!
- if you're not comfortable with the idea of using experimental builds (occasionally a fresh nasty bug will make a build almost unusable - but these are fixed quickly) you can get the Market beta from here: http://getbeta.juicedefender.com - it will have the added benefit of automatic updates via the Market, but most of the time the Market beta build won't be the very latest one, as it's updated less frequently; keep this in mind when reading or posting about a bug or fix.
Please *do NOT comment on this thread*! Instead, here's how to participate in the discussion:
- find the relevant thread in the "[BETA] Development" category and post there
- if you found a yet unreported bug (search first!) create a new thread in the "Bugs" category (describe it extensively and provide the exact steps to reproduce it if possible)
- feature requests are welcome - in the "Requests" category :)
- as a last resort (or for throwing general ideas around) the general discussion thread is here: http://feedback.latedroid.com/forums/70437-feedback/suggestions/1061309-here-be-discussion-
Also, please do NOT comment on this thread ;)
Are you guys still working on this? Or is it, as it would appear, quite dead?
Quite some builds since v3.6.6! Development is moving forward fast on several parallel paths; as of v3.7.3, this is the feedback I need:
- AOSP helper (rooted only): if installation failed before, try again – if it fails again send the log and let me know here: http://feedback.latedroid.com/forums/70437-general/suggestions/1053767-aosp-helper-all-you-need-to-know
- LTE-capable phones (only if the AOSP helper installed): http://feedback.latedroid.com/forums/70437-feedback/suggestions/2235451-4g-lte-support-
- the new Location is getting fixes and improvements at every build – lemme know if it works better or worse: http://feedback.latedroid.com/forums/70437-feedback/suggestions/1319595
- MMS problems: MMS should work reliably as of v3.7.3 but it’s 100% untested, so please share your findings: http://feedback.latedroid.com/forums/70437-feedback/suggestions/1172191-mms-sending-receiving-not-working
- remotely disable JD via SMS: try it and tell me if it works! http://feedback.latedroid.com/forums/70437-feedback/suggestions/2126315-enable-data-if-the-phone-receives-a-sms-with-a-cer
jm. garcia commented
La notificación de iconos no cambia, siempre indica todas las radios/interfaces encendidas
Heimana Berol commented
L'application se désactivé toute seul ces pas cool
Ps a revoir la gestion auto 3g et wifi
TRY "SNAP-DRAGON", MUCH BETTER. HERE NOBODY ANSWER...
chris vuilley commented
L'appli ne coupe jamais les connexions il n'y a jamais de points bleu ou rouge sur le bouclier quand j'allume le téléphone ???
Why is it still on play? Why is someone and who is this someone charging money if there is no support. It is not reliable on 4.1.2... I paid. It does not work after I upgraded. Frustrating.
JuiceDefender project is abandon(
Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru - Android Apps on Google Play
Easy Battery Saver - Android Apps on Google Play
JD is consistently crashing with KitKat 4.4.2.
Time to give Tasker a try, anyone care to help with the transition?
Nirmal kumar Pandey
TOM D commented
Seems this has been dropped like a hot potato,,said...uninstalled in months ago...stale app and still buggy ...he doent care any more....no builds all around tells the story...
Looks like I'll be looking for another app similar to this.
All that is really needed, and saves the most battery, is one that will disable wifi/data when the screen is turned off, and a setting to allow data connectivity to ping and update your app's push notifications during predefined intervals.
Meanwhile I use the "Deep Sleep Battery Saver". It has the same features an will be supported (at the moment).
Someone needs to dev an app that we users, any user of any app, can add to a black list of such looser devs just in case they reappear someday with a new, and more likely also to be abandoned, app.
Anthony Sanchez commented
Devs, where you at?
I guess it's the end of the road for this app.
The page http://latedroid.com/latestdev no longer works.
Anthony Sanchez commented
So I came to a conclusion; take the app off the Market. Simply because, we're literally wasting money, as long as Google keeps updating android, then this app will be a waste of $5.00. & because they're cheating our money; an app that has NOT gotten an update since 2011, I believe. An app that doesn't work with 4.3+ (Some features don't even work on 4.2.) An app that cheats. An app that STEALS our money. nah, sorry- I can't deal with people like that because they abuse us and our money.
usual suspect commented
Fuck these fucking developers!
write to google to remove this app from the market, as I have done, is no longer updated and no longer works with the latest versions of Android.